GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Our Box Office Mom, Jackie Solberg, is back with a new release in theaters -- giving you a parent's perspective on movies your kids might be hoping to see.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 popcorn buckets
- Release Date: October 18, 2019
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Best Age Group: 8+
- Sexual Content: Mild Violent/Disturbing Content: Excessive Crude or Profane Language: None Drug and Alcohol Content: Mild
- Will Kids Like It? Yes
"She said yes!" Everyone is thrilled because Prince Philip and Aurora, Queen of the Moors, are getting married. Finally Phillip's kingdom of Ulstead and Aurora’s fairy kingdom of the Moors will be united. However, the prince's mother, Queen Ingrith (Michelle Pfeiffer), is not happy with this engagement, and eventually chaos ensues. The queen not only wants to destroy Maleficent, but also all the fairies. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is Disney's live-action sequel to the 2014 retelling of the beloved fairy tale Sleeping Beauty.
• The importance of love and peace is woven throughout the film.
Sexual Content: Mild
• An engaged couple passionately kiss several times.
• Two fairy's kiss and hold hands.
Violent/Disturbing Content: Excessive
• There is a war between humans and fairies.
• A pixie creates a red powder that kills fairies. The fairies turn to dust when they contact the powder.
• A character gets impaled.Crude or Profane Language: None
Drug and Alcohol Content: Mild
• Characters are shown drinking wine.
Will Kids Like It? Yes
Overall this is a wonderful film however, parents need to be aware of the excessive violence that may frighten sensitive viewers.
RELATED: Box Office Mom: Abominable
For more of Jackie's reviews, visit www.boxofficemom.com
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.