Whether you like it with tomato, alfredo, or butter with cheese... it's time to celebrate National Spaghetti Day on Friday, January 4. Chef Shawn Driggers from Carrabba’s Italian Grill stopped by to share cooking tips with us.
Spaghetti tips include:
- Don’t crowd your spaghetti, let it swim, Allow 1 gallon of water for every pound of pasta.
- Bring your water to a full boil before adding salt. Salt dissolves better in hot water.
- To keep your spaghetti from sticking together, give it a good stir to be sure is isn’t clumping as soon as it is added to the water.
- The only way to really tell when spaghetti is done is to steal a piece from the pot and taste it!
- Add meatballs to make it a heartier dish.