GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Looking for a dinner classic that's quick and easy? Look no further.
This month's Winner Winner Chicken Dinner recipe is a delicious chicken salad from Ethan Lawrence. He's a student at the Culinary Institute of Michigan in Muskegon.
Ethan's recipe is the perfect combination of juicy, seasoned chicken breasts, creamy mayonnaise, tangy lemon juice and crunchy celery and more.
Classic Chicken Salad
5 chicken breasts
1 pt pecans, chopped
1 pt dried cranberries (you could also use cherries or a tart variety of apple)
6 ea celery stalks, small diced
½ ea red onion, small diced
4 oz lemon juice
1 qt mayonnaise
2 oz sugar
½ C fresh chopped parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
- Gather all ingredients and equipment. Preheat oven to 325˚ F.
- If needed, trim excess fat and cartilage from chicken breast
- Place evenly flat on a parchment lined sheet pan, drizzle with cooking oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160*
- Refrigerate chicken, Once cooled below 40*, dice chicken into large bowl and combine with pecans, cranberries, celery stalks, and red onion.
- In a separate bowl combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar and parsley and pour over chicken and other ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are coated
- Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you have a great Chicken recipe? Do you fancy yourself as the next Julia Child or Rachel Ray? Then you might have a shot at appearing on our show cooking up your favorite chicken recipe!
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could appear on our show, whipping up your favorite chicken! Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Check out this hearty white chicken chili recipe from previous Winner Winner Chicken Dinner winner Jared Houlser:
Find more recipes on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- A hearty White Chicken Chili recipe
- Winter comfort foods, but make it healthy
- Feel Good Foodie: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (No Bake)
- Feel Good Foodie: Creamy Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.