See events surrounding St. Patrick's Day and more in West Michigan this March!
Crane’s Cider Maker’s Dinner
- Saturday, March 10th at Crane’s Pie Pantry Restaurant & Winery in Fennville
- Once a year we celebrate our expert cider-maker, Eric Heavilin, and the wonderful products that come from his years of expertise combined with the wonderful bounty of West Michigan fruit.
- This year an incredible hard cider line-up is paired with a beautiful 7-course dinner prepared by our new chef, Donnie Opolski.
- This year's Cider-Maker's Dinner will be held on March 10, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. Seating will begin at 5:30.
- Tickets can be purchased over the phone during business hours at 269-561-2297
- Courses include a roasted brussel sprout salad, fried green tomatoes, and beef medallions with blueberry reduction (that one paired w/a blueberry cider of course!).
- Dessert comes with a hard cider gelato float.
Cooking Classes at Food Dance (Kalamazoo)
- March is Meat Month at Food Dance. Butcher’s specials in their market all month long, as well as hands-on cooking classes.
- Food Dance: Handcrafted Locally Sourced. Restaurant, Market & Catering with ingredients sourced from local purveyors including sustainably raised meats fresh in our butcher's case.
- March 8: Knife Skills Class
- March 15: Butchering for the Home Cook
- March 22: Sausage Making Class
St. Patrick’s Day Party
- Michigan Irish Music Festival St. Patrick's Party
- March 16 & 17
- St Patrick’s Day Party in Norton Shores near Muskegon
- 5:30 p.m.-11 p.m. Bella Maria’s Event Center
- Tickets: Adults $8 admission, Children 12 and under are free, Tickets available at the door
- Featuring headliners Jimmy Keane & Dennis Cahill.
- Keane is an all-Ireland star on the piano accordion and Cahill is considered one of the finest guitarists in traditional Irish music.
- Ardan Academy of Irish Dance will dance both nights at 6:30 pm
- Great Food! Sample the best Corned Beef and Bangers and Mash from McGovern’s Catering, Toasted Cheese and Meat Ravioli from Teddy Spaghetti, and the delicious pretzels and scones from The Village Baker.
- Don’t miss the Silent Auction (different items each night) featuring local favorites and great items from Market Vendors that you know and love from the Festival.
- Michigan Irish Music Festival: Sept. 13-16.
St. Patrick’s Breakfast at Saugatuck Brewing Co
- Join us for the 7th annual St. Patrick’s Breakfast on Saturday, March 17th in the SBC Pub!
- Your ticket will include an all you can eat traditional Irish style breakfast, your first drink free (we recommend BEER!) and live music from Jeff Ward!
- March 17, 2018, 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- 17/General Admission, $15/Pint Club Member, $8 Children 12 & Under
- BUY TICKETS
- That same evening we have live music by Megan Dooley and a classic Irish dinner special.
New Menu at Sandhill Cafe & 11 Pound Spud Challenge (Gun Lake Casino)
- Sandhill Cafe at Gun Lake Casino (Shelbyville, 30 min South of GR) just launched a brand new menu.
- The cafe is open 24/7, and features dishes like chicken pot pie, shrimp salad, and build your own burger.
- Don’t have to gamble, can just stop by for the food.
- 11 Pound Spud Challenge: 2 lbs of fries or tater tots with taco meat, prime rib, hamburger, fried mac & cheese, and TONS more.
- Finish it in an hour by yourself: it’s free, you win a shirt, & Gun Lake Casino will donate $500 to your charity of choice (from their partners).
- Cost is $65 if you don’t finish it, or want to order it with some friends without the challenge.
For more information, please visit www.wmta.org.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.