GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — There is so many things to do in the fall, especially things you can do with your family.
Dr. Matthew Clark from the Clark Institute joined Kirk Montgomery with why it's important to get the kids outside and a multitude of ways to connect with them in nature this season.
Benefits to you and children for getting outside in the fall:
- Physically healthier
- Cognitive and social emotional development
- Improves sensory skills
- Increases attention spans
- Happiness and better immunity
The perfect fall fun for kids:
- Nature trails/walks especially with the leaves changing colors
- Leaf collecting or tree finding
- Leaf crayon wiping over wax paper
- Classic games like hide-and-seek
- Playing in the leaves
- Create an obstacle course
To contact Dr. Clark, please visit http://www.theclarkinstitute.com/
Other stories featured on My West Michigan:
- Squash: The Nutrient Powerhouse
- Michigan Irish Music Festival offers four days of Irish music, food and fun
- What’s Up This Weekend: Food Truck Festival, Fiesta Mexicana, Pipes and Strikes for Stripes, Fallasburg Arts Festival
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.