GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The best snack recipes are fast, healthy and delicious -- which is exactly what you'll get with the Feel Good Foodie's hummus!
Popular food blogger, Yumna Jawad, runs the Feel Good Foodie and joined My West Michigan Thursday with a Lebanese hummus recipe that is healthy, but with authentic flavors.
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra virgin olive oil for serving
- Paprika for serving
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Place chickpeas in a bowl of water and rub them together to peel the skin (optional step, but helps create a creamy texture).
- Drain the garbanzo beans and transfer them to a food processor. Blend them alone until they become powder-like, scraping down the sides as needed.
- While the food processor is running, add the ice cubes, lemon juice, tahini, garlic clove and salt, and blend for about 5 minutes until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed by adding more lemon juice or salt.
- Spoon the hummus onto a plate or bowl, and spread the hummus with the back of a spoon to create swirls.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsley. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Yumna said you should store any leftover airtight container -- the hummus will last about one week in the fridge.
There are so many ways to enjoy this hummus as a dip or in sandwiches, wraps, burgers and salads. Yumna said be creative and enjoy!
For this recipe and more visit the Feel Good Foodie's website.
More recipes by the Feel Good Foodie featured on My West Michigan:
- Cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (No Bake)
- Creamy Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Feel Good Foodie makes No-Bake Pumpkin Balls
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.