GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Ingredients
1/2 large sweet potato
Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large sharp knife, slice the sweet potato lengthwise down the middle. With a steady hand, make 4-5 thin slices about 1/4"-1/3" thick from the middle of the sweet potato. You can keep the skin or discard. I prefer keeping the skin.
- Spray sweet potato slices with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper
- Insert slices into toaster (similar to bread) and toast the slices on high. Alternatively, you can toast them in a toaster oven or bake in the oven at
- After the sweet potatoes pop up from the toaster, check to see if they are fork tender, and toast longer if desired. Depending on your toaster, you may also want to turn down the toaster setting to Medium.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the toaster, and cool on a wire rack before adding toppings.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Place a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender, but not fully cooked or soft.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, and cool on a wire rack before adding toppings.
For more information:
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.