With about half of all married couples ending up divorced, it's important to be knowledgeable, especially about the financial consequences.

Sylvia Frattalone, wwner of Frattallone Wealth Management Group, a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise offered this advice:

  • Talk with a certified divorce financial planner
  • Estimate your cash flow
  • Gather all your important documents (tax returns, retirement statements, bank statements, etc.)

If you find you're not collecting on your settlement, whether that's assets or child or spousal support, you may want to seek the help of a new service called: Collect Mobile.

CollectMobile was founded by women lawyers who recognized the need for another option for parents and spouses not receiving their court ordered divorce related payments. With billions of dollars going uncollected, CollectMobile offers an effective alternative for cases that fall through the cracks of traditional child support, alimony and property settlement enforcement.

CollectMobile can be used as a back-up or in concert with Friend of the Court. The problem with FOC is that they have a couple of individuals working thousands of cases, and if you do not have a child support amount owed, they will not collect spousal support for you. They only get funding for child support cases so they do it as a courtesy ONLY if they also have a child support case.

For more information, visit www.collectmobile.com.

►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.

Have a news tip? Email news@wzzm13.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter.