MUSKEGON, Mich. — The summer is, unfortunately, coming to an end. So, if you've got leftover produce that you need to use up -- we've got the perfect recipes for you today.
We stopped by the Muskegon Farmers Market to meet registered dietitian Grace Derocha, who shared some delicious and nutritious end of summer smoothies.
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- 1 mango
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- Blend all together and enjoy!
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 small apple with peel on, diced
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 dried dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Add the banana, blackberries, and apple to a blender, top with milk. Add yogurt, dates, flaxseed, cinnamon and vanilla. Puree until smooth and serve immediately.
Ingredients – for one 12 oz. serving
- 2 oz. frozen mango
- 2 oz. frozen peaches
- 4 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 oz. coconut water
- 2 oz. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. Whey protein powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender on high for about 40 seconds or until smooth and frothy.
Other recipes featured on My West Michigan:
- Tips for a healthier tailgate
- Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!
- On the Menu: Satisfying Salads
- A New Twist on Toast!
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.