GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Football season is in full swing and the tailgates are a-plenty! But, if you don't want your waistline to grow from all the delicious, but not very healthy, tailgating snacks -- check out this recipe.
13 ON YOUR SIDE's Kirk Montgomery sat down with Grace DeRocha from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to whip up Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
34 oz. reduced-fat or fat-free softened cream cheese
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
½ cup hot sauce
½ cup crumbled light blue cheese
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. ranch seasoning (optional)
Green onion (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat on low for 2-4 hours in a slow cooker or until all the cheese is fully melted.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with veggies, chips or crackers.
More recipes on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Healthy pumpkin recipes: Breakfast bites, chili, hummus and more
- On the Menu: Folate the Protective Micronutrient
- On the Menu: Healthy Chili
- Tips for a healthier tailgate
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.