GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Stuck at home with nothing to watch? Our Box Office Mom, Jackie Solberg, joined by Box Office Dad shares her reviews of two movies "Extraction" and "Trolls World Tour."
- Rating: 2 out of 5 buckets
- Release Date: April 10, 2020
- MPAA Rating: R
- Best Age Group: 17+
- Sexual Content: None
- Violent/Disturbing Content: Excessive
- Crude or Profane Language: Excessive
- Drug and Alcohol Content: Mild
- Will Kids Like It? No
Tyler Rake (Chris Hemsworth) is a mercenary who lives in the Australian Outback. He drinks too much while trying to forget his sordid past. However, when the son of an of an imprisoned Indian drug kingpin is kidnapped, Tyler is hired to rescue the teenage boy and bring him back to safety. Extraction is an extremely violent film based on a graphic novel.
Sexual Content: None
Violent/Disturbing Content: Excessive
- A teenage boy is shot in the head.
- There's is fighting with automatic weapons, rifles, grenades and rockets..
- We see open bloody wounds.
- A teen is thrown off a building.
- A teen boy cuts off one of his fingers (though not shown), wraps it in gauze, and then gives it to the kingpin.
Crude or Profane Language: Excessive
- We hear "f--k," "s--t," "ass," "bastard," "bulls--t,"and "son of a bitch."
Drug and Alcohol Content: Mild
- We see teenagers smoking marijuana and drinking in a bar.
Will Kids Like It? No
- Overall, this is an extremely violent film with not much of a storyline.
You can currently see Extraction on Netflix.
Trolls World Tour
- Rating: 4.5 out of 5 buckets
- Release Date: April 10, 2020
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Best Age Group: 6+
- Sexual Content: Mild
- Violent/Disturbing Content: Moderate
- Crude or Profane Language: Mild
- Drug and Alcohol Content: None
- Will Kids Like It? Yes
Best friends and love interests Poppy (Anna Kendrick) and Branch (Justin Timberlake) are back, and Poppy is now the queen. She loves being queen and wants to handle the trolls' problems with hugs. However, her life changes when she receives an invitation from the Queen Barb, the Queen of the Hard Rock Trolls. Poppy is optimistic and excited about the invitation, however she eventually discovers that Queen Barb wants to destroy any kind of music that's not her beloved Hard Rock. Now Poppy and her friends try to save all the Trolls. Trolls World Tour is the sequel to the popular 2016 animated musical, Trolls.
- There is a lot of fun music that kids will enjoy. We hear Hard Rock, Country, Funk, Classical and Techno.
- The film highlights themes of love and accepting people who are different. We don't always have to agree with each other, but we should respect each other's differences.
Sexual Content: Mild
- Flirting between two Trolls.
Violent/Disturbing Content: Moderate
- The Hard Rock Trolls attack other the Trolls' territories ,and kidnap their leaders.
- Bounty hunters are sent out to find Poppy and Branch.
Crude or Profane Language: Mild
- We hear "you suck," "dang," and "we're screwed."
Drug and Alcohol Content: None
Will Kids Like It? Yes
- Overall, this is a fun and entertaining film for kids and 6 and up. Parents need to be aware of the moderate violence.
You can currently find Trolls World Tour On-Demand
For more of Jackie's reviews, visit www.boxofficemom.com
RELATED: Box Office Mom: Emma, Tall Girl
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.