GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — This weekend is going to be big for ice cream lovers. The first Saturday in February is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day!
If you're trying to celebrate the delicious day, check out this funky ice cream pancake recipes.
Ashleigh Evans from A Dash of Evans, joined My West Michigan Friday to share a recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Pancakes. Evans used Hudsonville Ice Cream's newly released, limited edition flavor Peanut Butter and Jelly.
The limited edition flavor is part of their "indulge your inner kid," campaign and is joined by a second, Crispy Coca Cereal (which is another great option to enjoy on Ice Cream for Breakfast Day).
Check out Evan's recipe and directions below:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Hudsonville Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- Toppings: crumbled bacon, fresh strawberries, whipped cream
- In a small bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add softened ice cream. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Add egg and melted butter. Mix for about 20 seconds. Add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Slowly shake in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, then fold in fresh strawberries.
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter at a time to form a pancake. I usually get about 3 in the pan at a time. Cook until bubbles form at the top, then carefully flip over.
- Repeat until all pancakes are made.
- To serve, top with a scoop of Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream, crumbled bacon and more fresh strawberries.
More ice cream recipes on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- 'Indulge your inner kid' with Hudsonville's newest flavors: Crispy Cocoa Cereal and Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Holiday Treats by Hudsonville: Chocolate Peppermint Stick ice cream cake
- Ben & Jerry's debut flavor backing criminal justice reform
- A new ice cream option for people with allergies
- Oscar Mayer hot dog ice cream sandwich is real... and terrifying
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.