GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — It's time to bring out the fashion for a good cause! Rock'N the Runway's annual fashion show is back and happening Saturday, Oct. 12.
Veverly Austin is the mastermind behind the non-profit, Rock'N the Runway, that helps women through their breast cancer journey and empowers the urban Grand Rapids community to take charge of their health.
Austin's mission is to increase health education and resource awareness among African American and Latino women with a portion of tickets sales from the fashion show going towards health education.
We were lucky enough to get a little preview of the fashions that will be a part of this year's show!
Here are the details for the event:
Rock'N The Runway
Saturday, October 12, 2019
William C Abney Performing Arts Auditorium
3075 30th St SW, Grandville
RELATED BREAST CANCER STORIES:
- Beyoncé's father Mathew Knowles is battling breast cancer
- Spectrum Health shares statistics, encourages mammograms during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- First More Than Pink Walk Saturday at John Ball Zoo
- 13 Friends for Life Day: Mother and daughter share breast cancer message ahead of new awareness walk
- Holland Hospital ensuring all women have access to life-saving breast health Stand Up for the Cure
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.