GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Design expert Leslie Hart-Davidson from HDD Studios shares tips for making your holiday cookies stand-out.
Short Sugar Cookies Suitable for Stamping
- 2 ½ C of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1C sugar
- ¼ C butter-flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- I stick of butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking powder, & salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter, shortening & sugar together in large mixing bowl. Beat eggs and vanilla, one egg at a time, into wet ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture in three passes if mixing by hand, folding in with a rubber spatula. If you use a stand mixer, combine gradually using the paddle. Until dough comes together.
- Bring dough together into a flattened ball/disc. Wrap with plastic wrap and allow to rest in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness on parchment, working with about half of the dough at a time. Cut using cookie cutters and stamp as you like. Transfer cookies to a baking sheet as you go.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool and decorate with royal icing and various sprinkly bits if you are doing festive holiday things!
Also, Avery labels are fabulous for customizing gift tags! Each package has a code to enter on the Avery website for easy creation and printing.
For more information, contact Leslie at www.hddstudios.com
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.