GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — It's that time of year for dry, itchy, tight winter skin.You don't have to suffer through the next few months, there are some great ways to sooth the dryness.
Try some of these tips for smooth winter skin from the The James Salon:
Winter Skin Care
- During the winter months, switch to gentle products that won’t strip moisture away from the skin.
- Even though it’s cold outside, try to avoid extremely hot showers and baths. They can create cracks in the surface of the skin and cause dryness.
- Moisturize, and do it often! We recommend using a heavy overnight face cream.
- Try adding a serum into the mix! Most formulas contain topical antioxidants like vitamin A, C and E, which help to even your skin tone!
- Exfoliating is important! Don’t believe us? Here are some benefits:
- While it may seem counterproductive during the winter months, exfoliating once a week will help the skin to regenerate and more effectively absorb moisturizer.
- Chemical peels can be a great way to improve your skin’s appearance. When you get a chemical peel, a solution is applied to your skin, which makes the skin blister and then peel. This reveals smoother and less wrinkled skin.
- 'You can't see it yet, but it's there' | Sun damage goes skin deep
- New Year's Eve fashion with The James Salon
- The James Salon and Spa opens new location in downtown Ada
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.