GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The 4th Annual Chili Cook-off to benefit JDRF is Saturday, February 16 from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. at Trail Point Brewing. It's located at 6035 Lake Michigan Drive. To Register, contact: Cindy Aley-Holzgen@hermanmiller.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• 4 Cups of Stewed tomatoes
• 3 Good size finely chopped jalapenos
• 1 Tablespoon Hot & Spicy Cajun Style Spice
• 3 finely chopped Cloves of Garlic
• ½ Cup of finely chopped yellow onions
• 1 good sized bell pepper finely chopped
• Tablespoon of Cumin
• 1 teaspoon of Salt
• 2 ½ Table spoons of Chili Powder
• ½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
• 2 Cups of Great Northern Beans
• 2 lbs. of Ground Turkey
• 1 cup of water of Chicken Stock
Boil approximately 8 good sized tomatoes until able to skin, skin and puree them in the food processor
Add spices, half of the peppers and onions and water, simmer for approximately 30 min.
Sauté turkey with half of the peppers and onions, add to the rest of the chili
Boil the whole great northern beans, follow cooking instructions on the bag. Soak and sort after they are cooked and add to chili and simmer until chili is the preferred consistency
Depending on how spicy you prefer, add more spice to taste if you choose.
Upcoming JDRF Ride team Fund Raising Events:
Jake’s Music Festival April 13, at the Intersection in Grand Rapids
JDRF Mac and Cheese Cook-off April 27 at Retro Boats in Saugatuck.
HellKaat Hundie Gravel Race, May 5 at 5 Lakes Brewing, Dorr
Holland Hundred Bike Tour July 20, Herman Miller, Holland
ODRAM (One Day Ride Across Michigan) August 10 at The Double J Ranch in Rothbury.