GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Rae, which is "ear" spelled backwards, has become an overnight sensation on Instagram and the TikTok app with over a hundred thousand followers and likes.
However, many people don't realize that Rae the Unicorn Golden Retriever is a local legend in West Michigan.
Brianna Vorhees, Unicorn Golden Retriever's owner, works at Family Friends Veterinary Hospital and Pet Care Center in Grand Rapids, that's where she heard about a puppy who had a serious injury and who needed a place to call home
At birth, Unicorn puppy had an accidental injury that left her with only her right ear. As she grew, her right ear migrated to the top of her head.
And if you're wondering, yes, Rae the Unicorn Golden Retriever can hear and is expected to live a long and happy life.
Follow Rae the Unicorn Golden Retriever on Instagram @goldenunicornrae
In this time of social distancing, we can still #SendTheLove to everyone. Send us all the birthday, wedding, baby showers, schoolmates and grandparent greetings and we will feature them on-air and on social media!
Share your videos on Facebook or text 616-559-1300 and use the to have #SendTheLove your video featured!
Find even more pet stories on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Rae is on the move! Former 13 OYS Paws dog is training in Georgia
- BISSELL Pet Foundation is sponsoring reduced adoption fees amid COVID-19 concerns
- Simba's going home: Florida dog found way up in Michigan
- 'Ginger has gone home!' Dog waiting 7 years for adoption finally leaves Missouri shelter
- West Michigan ambulance agency welcomes new 'Hope' to team
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.