GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — We have all heard the stories of how lottery winners see their lives take a turn for the worst after gaining riches.
You surely say “that would never happen to me!” But mistakes happen, and when it comes to your retirement, even the best plan can get derailed if you aren’t careful. That’s what we discussed with Gary Mattson and Laurel Steward. The father/daughter team is with Mattson Financial, a full service financial and retirement firm in the Grand Rapids area. They are also popular radio show hosts.
Gary and Laurel listed some things that can impact your retirement:
- We don’t account for how long we’ll live!
- Earning plenty but not saving plenty
- Not reducing risk
- Claiming social security too early
- Solely relying on social security for income
For more information, or to enlist the help of Gary and Laurel in planning your own retirement, visit www.mattsonfinancial.com.
More advice from the Money Mentors:
- Take away the stress of preparing for a successful retirement
- Avoid the 'Retirement Red Zone' with help from Mattson Financial
- Stay on track for retirement despite a market correction
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.
If you would like more information about advertising with 13 ON YOUR SIDE, please contact Jeff Olsen at email@example.com.