GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — We've all probably been there -- someone in the office just said "happy hour."
Now the team is headed out for after-work drinks, but a couple of beers at one of Grand Rapids' many breweries, pubs or distilleries can add up quickly.
According to a survey on Alcohol.org about one-third of American workers think work drinks with colleagues is good team bonding, leading people to spend more than $3,000 a year on after-work drinks.
Michiganders spend $1,741 a year on drinks with colleagues, according to the survey.
MORE on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Red Lobster's cheddar biscuit and lobster claw Bloody Mary might be what you need Jan. 1
- Tips for making New Year's resolutions stick
- New Year's Eve events in West Michigan
- When does the new decade start? Depends on you who ask.
- New Year's Eve hazards: Avoid the unexpected
- New Year fitness resolutions are helping local gyms
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.