We have a fresh and light recipe in this week's Better Bites segment.
Chef Mark Kingshott demonstrates a recipe for glazed pork chops and summer veggies in the video above.
Chef Mark is a personal chef, teacher and caterer.
Summer Vegetable Saute
- 1 zucchini sliced rounds 1/8 of an inch thick
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cups snow peas or snap peas
- 1 LB of asparagus cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced thin
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB lemon zest
- ½ lemon juiced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 TB parmesan
- Heat oil in saute pan on medium high.
- Add onion and cook for two minutes.
- Add asparagus and peas, cook for two minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for two to four minutes, stirring often.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Plate and top with parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Maple Soy Boneless Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 2 TB butter
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- Heat vegetable oil in large saute pan on medium high.
- Evenly divide salt, pepper and garlic powder on all four pork chops.
- Once oil is shimmering, add pork chops to pan and cook for two minutes, flip, add rest of ingredients.
- With a spoon, pour pan sauce over top of pork chops.
- Cook for two to three minutes.
- Pour some pan sauce over each pork chop, serve.