GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — There is always something extra you can bring to the table when it comes to Easter Brunch. Lemon curd tartlets are a fan favorite from the Ginger Chef. They are a refreshing and creamy way to start the day. Here's what you need.
- 1 package of puff pastry phyllo shells (found in the freezer section)
- 2 - 8oz cream cheese packages, softened 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lb confectioner’s powdered sugar ½ cup heavy whipping cream 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 lemon, zested
- 1 jar of lemon curd, or one recipe homemade
- Blackberries, optional
- Pull out pastry shells from freezer, set on a cookie pan and leave at room temperature to thaw.
- In a medium to large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese with electric beaters or in a stand mixer.
- Add confectioner’s powdered sugar and mix in slowly.
- Add vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Slowly add heavy whipping cream and blend for 30 seconds until fluffy. Do not over mix.
- Fold in lemon zest.
- Fill pastry bag or a zip top bag with cream cheese icing. Snip the corner so as to create a pastry bag with a ½ inch opening.
- Fill lemon cream cheese into the pastry shells halfway.
- Top cream cheese icing with 1 tsp lemon curd.
- Garnish with a sliced blackberry or additional lemon zest.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.