Summertime Citrus Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup Chickpeas, canned, low sodium
- 2 TBSP Cilantro, Fresh & Chopped
- 1 TBSP Parsley Leaves, Fresh, Chopped 1
- /4 cup Red Onion Fresh, Diced Small
- 1/4 cup Celery, Fresh, Diced Small
- 2 2/3 TBSP Green Bell Peppers, Fresh, Diced Small
- 2 TBSP Red Bell Peppers, Fresh, Diced Small
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes, Fresh, Diced Small
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Garlic, Fresh, Minced
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 TBSP Canola Oil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano, Dry, Ground
1. Wash & prepare all produce items.
2. Whisk together black pepper, garlic, lemon juice, oil, and oregano. Cover & chill while cutting vegetables and fresh herbs.
3. Chop all vegetables as directed, fold together in a mixing bowl. Pour chilled dressing over vegetables.
4. Keep chilled until ready to eat.
5. Serve with Pita chips, in a lettuce boat, atop of your favorite cooked intact whole grains (such as Quinoa, Bulgur, Brown Rice) or on top of your favorite mixed greens. 6.Great snack or meal for hot summer days!
Portabella Pepper-Jack Black Bean Torta
Black Bean Spread:
- 1 cup Black Beans, Canned, Rinsed
- 1 TBSP Onion, Yellow, Fresh, Diced
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Original
- 1 tsp Garlic, Fresh, Minced
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, Ground
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- Pinch-Salt Pinch-Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 tsp Cilantro Leaves, Fresh
- 4 TBSP Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin, Ground
- 2 tsp Garlic, Fresh, Minced
- 1 1/3 TBSP Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, Black, Fine Ground
Other Ingredient Needs:
- 4 Each, Medium Portobella Mushroom Caps, Fresh
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers, Fresh, sliced Julienne
- 1/2 cup Onion, Yellow, Fresh, Sliced Julienne
- 4 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, Sliced 4 each
- Your Favorite Torta Sandwich Roll 4 each
- Your Favorite Lettuce Leaves-Whole/washed/Dried
- 1. Wash & air dry all produce before assembly.
- 2. Put all Black Bean Spread ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 3. Combine all Portabella Marinade ingredients into a bowl.
- 4. Measure 1/2 the marinade mixture out and set aside.
- 5. Add Portabella caps, and let set in marinade for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 6. Grill or roast Portabella caps on a very hot grill (or under broiler) for 3 minutes per side. Cool completely before using.
- 7. Add remaining marinade (that you set aside) to onions & peppers. Toss to coat then cook on a grill (in a basket) or broil for approximately 5 minutes until al dente. Cool completely before using.
- 8. Split your torta roll, top each half with 1 slice of Pepper Jack cheese.
- 9. Spread 1/4 cup black bean spread to the bottom of the roll.
- 10. Top black bean spread with lettuce leaf & portabella mushroom (leave whole or slice & fan).
- 11. Top mushroom with 1/4 cup cooked peppers & onions. Fold torta roll top & cheese over and enjoy!
Summertime Citrus & Herb Spritzer Water
- 3 oz Mint, Fresh on Stem, Washed
- 1 oz Thyme, Fresh on Stem, Washed
- 1 oz Basil, Fresh on Stem, Washed
- 2 large Oranges, Fresh, Washed, Sliced Thick
- 2 large Lemons, Fresh, Washed, Sliced Thick
- 4 Limes, Fresh, Washed, Sliced Thick
- 1 Pint Raspberries, Blueberries or strawberries Fresh, Washed
- 1.5 gallons Sparkling Water
- 4 cups White Grape Juice
- 6-8 Quarts Ice
1.Wash & prepare all produce items.
2.Wash & Dry 2.5 gallon clear water dispenser.
3.Layer Ingredients in this manner:
- 1 quart of ice.
- 2 oz fresh mint spread across layer of ice.
- 1 quart of ice. All sliced limes across ice.
- 1 quart of ice. All fresh basil & thyme spread across layer of ice.
- 1 quart of ice. All sliced oranges across ice.
- 1 quart of ice. All lemon slices across ice.
- 1 quart of ice. 1 oz remaining fresh mint across the ice.
- 1 pint fresh berries across ice
4. Pour White Grape juice over top of all layers.
5. Pour Sparkling Water over top of all layers.
6. As you add the sparkling water, use a clean cup and dispense several cups of the liquid through the spigot and add back over top of layered items at the top. This pulls the flavors and infuses the water for great flavor!