In the spirit of the holiday season, we're introducing you to the weekend morning team's families and sharing some favorite recipes for the holidays!
Our producer Rhonda shared her family's recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate chip cookies
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter ( 1 stick)
- ½ cup Crisco baking stick (butter flavor)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- In mixer, cream eggs and sugars on medium speed. Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer. Mix well on medium speed.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375 for 8- 10 minutes.
For best results, chill cookie batter overnight or place in freezer for about an hour and a half.