GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Savory Crescent Chicken Squares
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives or onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pimientos, if desired
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter; beat until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimientos; mix well.
Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles. If using crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.