GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Summer is here and chances are, you don't want to fire up the oven and heat up your whole house. Get out on the grill and cook something up!
If you're tired of burgers and hot dogs, don't fret. Kirk Montgomery caught up with Grace DeRoccha from Blue Cross Blue Shield to try out a recipe for grill pouch peaches. Yum!
- 4 large peaches
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mixed berries or berries of choice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash and halve peaches. Remove pit. Place each peach half in a large square of aluminum foil so that you can fold up the foil and seal the peaches in.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of berries into each peach half. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of brown sugar on each and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Fold up foil and seal.
- Place on hot grill and cook for 15 to 18 minutes. Turn once. Serve right out of the foil. Optional to serve with frozen yogurt. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info (per serving)
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.