KENT COUNTY, Mich. — Amazon is now looking to fill more than 1,000 full-time, part-time, seasonable and flexible positions at its new distribution center in Gaines Township.
Workers at distribution centers can expect to select, pack and ship customer orders, including items like electronics, books, houseware items and toys. This distribution center will likely serve the Great Lake region and some of the Canadian markets, according to Amazon's website.
Starting salaries at the soon-to-open facility, located near 60th Street and Patterson Avenue, will start at $15 go up to $16.15 per hour. Shifts will vary, according to the website.
Full-time employees with Amazon can expect benefits including comprehensive healthcare, 401k with up to a 50% match, up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, holiday pay, and career certification and tuition reimbursements in high-demand fields. Employees also get discounts on Amazon purchases.
Interested job candidates must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma (or equivalent) to be considered for an open position. Candidates should apply online, indicate a shift preference and choose an appointment time for upcoming hiring events and orientations.
This is the first Amazon distribution center in West Michigan. Amazon has invested $420 million in Michigan with three other centers in metro Detroit. Nearly 5,000 jobs have been created in the state.
More Business News on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Legislation would update Michigan’s bottle deposit law
- Mother opens bakery in Comstock Park after years of selling treats out her home
- Founders seeks wider approach to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Since December, Michigan's recreational marijuana sales have topped $17M
- 2 longtime Grand Rapids businesses will soon be up for sale
- The Right Place releases 3-year plan to support Grand Rapids' economic growth
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.