GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — We all know the cost of everything is going up. Celebrating Thanksgiving is no exception.
We're going to serve a traditional meal for a family of four for under $20.
Here are some tips!
If your grocery store has a frozen food section is an option.
For our experiment, we shopped at Aldi. Here is our shopping list along with the prices.
- Kirkwood Turkey Tenderloin - $7.15
- Specially Selected French Baguette - $1.89
- Ocean Spray Fresh Premium Cranberries - $.99
- Baby Carrots - $.99
- Chefs Cupboard Homestyle Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - $.85
- Chefs Cupboard Turkey Stuffing Mix - $.75
- Stonemill Turkey Gravy Mix - $.65
- Happy Harvest Cut Green Beans -$.65
- Chefs Cupboard Condensed Cream of Mushroom - $.49
- Pumpkin Spice Loaf Cake -$3.85
Some pantry items are not included in this list like Salt, Pepper, Butter and Honey.
Adding any pantry staples you may already have like canned vegetables is also an option.
The total bill came to $18.06 There was plenty of food to feed four people bringing the cost per plate to $4.51.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.