GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Grand Rapids Police Department (GRPD) is looking for a man they are calling a person of interest in a bar shooting from late December.
The police department believes Robert Walton got into a fight with people at Metro Bar on Dec. 28, 2019. Initially, it was reported the shooting happened in the parking lot, but police now say the shots were fired inside the bar. A person not involved in the fight was hit by a bullet but survived.
Police say Walton should be considered "armed and dangerous." He is described as 6 feet, 1 inch tall and around 175 pounds.
Metro Bar is located at 1901 S. Division Ave. They turned over footage from 27 surveillance cameras on the premises for the investigation.
Authorities did not provide an update on the victim.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Grand Rapids Police Department at 616-456-3400 or submit information to Silent Observer at 616-774-2345.
GRPD said anyone with information can also call the investigative team directly, which includes Detective Eric Gizzi at 616-456-4483 or Detective Adam Baylis at 269-456-3648.
More Crime and Community News on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Meth-addled felon gets 30 years for producing child porn using 3-year-old girl
- Allegan County deputies searching for couple who threw 6 dogs out of a moving van
- Teen captured on video bathing in Greenville Wendy’s kitchen sink
- State warns of phone scammers posing as health officials
- Two Ohio State football players arrested,charged with rape and kidnapping
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.