ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. — A man opened fire on customers inside a Florida grocery store Thursday, but he was shot by Escambia County deputies.
The man at Grocery Advantage was acting erratically and firing a gun when deputies approached him, WKRG reports.
Sheriff David Morgan said deputies arrived within minutes of the call. By then, the gunman had barricaded himself and was preparing to ambush the deputies, he said.
“As the Sheriff, I know I speak not only for the Sheriff’s Office but all citizens of Escambia County, in thanking the fine men and women of the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office for their professionalism and courage which is displayed every day but especially today in stopping this suspect,” Morgan said.
The shooter was struck twice and taken to a hospital. No one else was wounded.
FDLE will investigate the shooting.
What other people are reading right now:
- Two men shooting BB guns cause lockdown at Polk County school
- Toddler stops moving after trip to Clearwater Beach
- ‘Born out of wedlock’ policy used to deny 1-year-old citizenship because her parents are gay
- Woman promised her twins to couple, then backed out, deputies say
- Conversation over A/C gets heated at Florida elementary school
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.