Get ready to spend family time watching "Mondays with Michelle Obama."
According to Good Morning America and the PBS Kids' Facebook page, the former first lady partnered with Penguin Young Readers, Random House Children’s Books and PBS KIDS for the four-week series. Every Monday, Michelle Obama will host a virtual reading session of a beloved children's book.
The series is set to start April 20 and will run through May 11. The virtual storytime will begin every Monday at noon.
Here's a list of the children books included in the series:
- "The Gruffalo" by Julia Donaldson - Monday, April 20
- "There’s a Dragon in Your Book" by Tom Fletcher - Monday, April 27
- "Miss Maple’s Seeds" by Eliza Wheeler - Monday, May 4
- "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle - Monday, May 11
Michelle Obama said in a news release to Good Morning America, "At this time when so many families are under so much stress, I’m excited to give kids a chance to practice their reading and hear some wonderful stories (and to give parents and caretakers a much-needed break)."
Other stories to check out on WHAS11 News
- Dolly Parton will be reading bedtime stories for your kids on Thursdays
- US Soldier leads group of children in virtual sing-along of Do-Re-Mi from the 'Sound of Music' to lift their spirits
- 'Sesame Street' introduces Julia's family for Autism Awareness Month
- How to give your child a lifelong love of reading
- Looking for activities to do with the kids? Here are a few ideas for unique family projects
- Elmo, Cookie Monster enlisted to teach kids about hand washing
Download the WHAS11 News app now for the latest information and updates.