GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Health care workers and first responders put their heath at risk for the good of the public, and Berger Chevrolet is working to make sure those people and their families are safe.
"A lot of times we’re carrying the stuff home with us that we had at work and we definitely don’t want them to take that into the family," said Berger Service Manager Steve Johnson.
To help, Berger is offering a free transform disinfect for health care workers and first responders.
"It’s like a fog and it disinfects everything similar to a Lysol spray without the smell. It gets everything all nice and clean on the inside as far as disinfecting goes," Johnson said.
"It is FDA and EPA approved. There’s no stickiness to it. It doesn’t leave film."
You can call Berger at 616-949-6344 to schedule an appointment, but you can also show up at the dealership between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The treatment takes a little more than two minutes to complete.
"This is a small token we can do to give back to the community and try to keep everybody as safe as possible and keep them working as long as possible as well," Johnson said.
How others are helping during the pandemic:
- Grand Rapids company uses laser to make ear savers for health workers
- One Good Thing: Making comfort blankets and sending love
- Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan helps meet the dietary needs of seniors during COVID-19 pandemic
- Rescue owner will live in a barn like a pig until fundraiser goal is met
- Amore and Chef Jenna are making food and delivering hope
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.
Have a news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Facebook page or Twitter. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.