NEWAYGO COUNTY, Mich. — District Health Department #10 (DHD#10) is offering free drive-through community testing for COVID-19 on Thursday, Aug. 13, in Newaygo and Friday, Aug. 14, in Baldwin.
The testing events are in collaboration with the National Guard, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Local Law Enforcement and Emergency Management, Newaygo Public Schools and Baldwin Community Schools.
COVID-19 Drive-Through Community Testing Site
Newaygo High School Parking Lot
200 East Street, Newaygo, MI
Thursday, August 13, from 1 to 6 p.m.
Baldwin High School Parking Lot
524 4th Street, Baldwin, MI
Friday, August 14, from 2 to 6 p.m.
- Anyone age 18 or older is welcome to be tested for COVID-19
- Please bring picture ID
- Not accepting appointments; first come, first served
- Open to all surrounding counties
- Not limited to symptomatic individuals
- Testing is to determine current COVID-19 status; Not offering antibody testing
- Testing is nasopharyngeal swab (long cotton-tipped swab inserted in nose)
- Test results typically take 7-9 days to come in, sometimes faster. You will receive instructions for logging in to BioReference Laboratories Patient Portal to obtain results. You will only be contacted by DHD#10 if your results are positive for COVID-19.
In addition to COVID-19 testing, DHD#10 is offering free Hepatitis A vaccines to interested community members during the COVID-19 testing clinic. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-305-8659.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.