Michigan's governor has ordered all gatherings of 250 people or more to be cancelled because of the spread of coronavirus.
Many businesses are also closing their doors.
Below is a partial list of the businesses that have made announcements or informed us that they are closing. If you'd like to have your business listed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grand Haven Library
- Home and Garden Muskegon
There are also several closings and delays in our system. Check the full list here.
More COVID-19 stories
- West Michigan Women's Expo canceled amid coronavirus concerns
- Grand Rapids Public Library closes all locations
- University of Michigan cancels commencement due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Whitmer orders temporary ban on gatherings and events of more than 250 people
- VERIFY: Fact-checking this week's coronavirus claims
The CDC says patients with confirmed infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
The best prevention for viruses, such as influenza, the common cold or COVID-19 is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.