WYOMING, Mich — The Grand Rapids Fire Department Hazardous Materials Team responded to a business in Wyoming Tuesday morning for an anhydrous ammonia leak.
The incident occurred in the 500 block of 32nd Street SE at a metal heat treating facility. Police on scene told 13 ON YOUR SIDE that eight people were in the building. They smelled the leak quickly and everyone got out safe.
The Wyoming Department of Public Safety implemented evacuation and shelter in place orders after the leak. Just after noon, officials said all orders were lifted.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.