x
Breaking News
More () »

Police: Ammonia leak contained at Wyoming business

Just after noon, public safety announced that all shelter in place and evacuation orders had been lifted.
Credit: 13oys

WYOMING, Mich — The Grand Rapids Fire Department Hazardous Materials Team responded to a business in Wyoming Tuesday morning for an anhydrous ammonia leak.

The incident occurred in the 500 block of 32nd Street SE at a metal heat treating facility. Police on scene told 13 ON YOUR SIDE that eight people were in the building. They smelled the leak quickly and everyone got out safe. 

HAZMAT ASSIGNMENT: Grand Rapids FD Hazardous Materials Team is responding into the City of Wyoming for an anhydrous...

Posted by Grand Rapids Professional Firefighters Local 366 on Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Wyoming Department of Public Safety implemented evacuation and shelter in place orders after the leak. Just after noon, officials said all orders were lifted.  

Credit: 13OYS

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.

Have a news tip? Email news@13onyourside.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.