GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Gerald R. Ford International Airport is hosting a career fair on Tuesday, July 20 for a plethora of job vacancies. The 260 open positions include everything from Airport Ambassadors to mechanics to customer service agents, airport staff announced. Some positions will be hiring on the spot.
The Ford Airport is working in partnership with Michigan Works! to get the word out. The event will be held at the DoubleTree hotel at 4747 28th Street SE from 1 to 6 p.m.
The airport’s 12 tenants will also be in attendance hoping to fill vacancies.
Companies and organizations hiring include:
- AvFlight - customer service agents, line service technicians, airline services supervisor, a mechanic and seasonal de-icer
- DK Security - security guards
- Envoy - ramp agents
- Experience Grand Rapids - Airport Ambassadors
- FedEx - material handlers
- Ford Airport Authority - seasonal equipment operators
- HMS Host - Line and prep cooks, baristas and snack bar attendants
- Hudson - Sales associate, stockers and supervisor
- Signature Flight Support: customer service representative, line service technicians and seasonal de-icer
- SP Plus - shuttle driver, parking attendant, cashier and supervisor
- The Professional Group - general cleaners and floor technicians
- TSA - officers
"This is a tremendous opportunity to work at or for the Ford Airport, which connects West Michigan with the world," said Maureen Lynch, human resources director for the Ford Airport Authority.
"Whether you are starting your career or looking for the next challenge, we have a job for you – at one of the coolest locations in West Michigan!"
No registration is necessary for the event. For more information on the open positions, visit their website here.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.