KENT COUNTY, Mich. — An 18-year-old from Rockford is dead after a motorcycle crash in Grand Rapids.
According to a press release from the Grand Rapids Police Department, it happened around 7:30 p.m. on Monday in the area of Plainfield Avenue NE and Fuller Avenue NE.
When officers arrived at the crash, they found a passenger car and motorcycle were involve. The motorcyclist, 18-year-old Treven Potter, died at the scene.
Potter was on his motorcycle going north on Plainfield Avenue and the car was going south when it made a left turn onto Fuller Avenue, in front of Potter.
The press release said Potter's speed does appear to be a factor in the crash. The driver of the car involved, a 25-year-old woman from Grand Rapids is cooperating in the investigation. Authorities said alcohol was not a factor and a drug test's results are pending -- police said the tests are standard procedure in a deadly crash investigation.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Traffic Unit Officer Andy Bingel at 616-456-3414 or Officer Frank Barthel at 616-456-3938. Anonymous tips may be made to Silent Observer at 616-774-2345 or www.silentobserver.org
MORE on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Grand Rapids officials choose not to extend citywide curfew
- Grand Rapids Police investigating video of man appearing to get shot in the face with tear gas
- 'Can you pray for us too?' Woman said police officer asked her to pray for them at GR protest
- 'My heart is heavy tonight,' GR Police Chief says 12 arrested at protest
- Police chief won’t join ‘unpermitted’ protest, plans to participate in Wednesday’s rally
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.
Have a news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Facebook page or Twitter. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.