GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued a new stay at home order Friday, which extends the date until May 15, but it also relaxes some of the rules. One restriction that was lifted was the ban on golfing.
In light of this new order, the city of Grand Rapids announced that Indian Trails Golf Course will be opening to the public on Saturday, April 25 at 7 a.m. Under the order, golf carts are still banned.
Here are some of the other guidelines the city put into place:
- Only four customers will be allowed in the clubhouse at one time
- Customers must maintain safe physical distancing while waiting in line
- All golfers must remain 6 feet apart when playing unless they are from the same household
- Masks are recommended but not required when entering the clubhouse
- Customers may only order food and beverages to-go
- Customers are encouraged to call ahead to book and pay for a tee time to avoid shared contact during transactions
- All staff will wear masks and gloves
- Staff will sanitize all common touch points, including counters, restrooms, door handles, push carts, rental club sets, range balls and ball bags
The Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order now goes through May 15.
More stories on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.