GREENVILLE, Mich. — On Saturday afternoon, over 100 people took the plunge and jumped into Turk Lake in Greenville to raise money for Special Olympics Michigan.
This Polar Plunge event was one of three to take place on Saturday—one in Lake City and one in Wayne County—and it is one of 30 to take place statewide this winter.
The Polar Plunge raises funds for over 27,000 athletes who participate in Special Olympics Michigan. Since 2008, over $7.5 million has been raised for Special Olympics Michigan.
According to the Polar Plunge website, the Greenville event raised over $20,000.
A list of the upcoming Polar Plunges in Michigan can be seen here:
- Feb. 9, 2019: Greenville - Turk Lake Restaurant and Bar
- Feb. 9, 2019: Lake City - Town Pump Saloon
- Feb. 9, 2019: Wayne County - Belleville Yacht Club
- Feb. 9-10, 2019: Detroit Winterblast - Campus Martius
- Feb. 10, 2019: Lansing - Cooley Law School Stadium
- Feb. 16, 2019: Alpena - Sand Bar
- Feb. 16, 2019: Cheboygan - Hoppies Tavern
- Feb. 16, 2019: Holland - Holland Elks Club
- Feb. 16, 2019: Kalamazoo/Calhoun County - Bell's Eccentric Cafe
- Feb. 16, 2019: Mt. Pleasant - O'Kelly's/Wayside
- Feb. 17, 2019: Bay City - Dow Bay Area Family YMCA
- Feb. 22, 2019: University of Michigan - Michigan Stadium
- Feb. 23, 2019: Chippewa Lake - Chippewa Lake Public Access
- Feb. 23, 2019: Oakland County East - Rochester Mills Brewing Company
- Feb. 23, 2019: Oakland County West - The Beach Tiki Bar
- Feb. 24, 2019: St. Clair - St. Clair Boat Harbor
- Feb. 28, 2019: Legislative - Capitol steps in Lansing
- March 2, 2019: Detroit - Belle Isle Boat House
- March 2, 2019: Saginaw - Old Town Distillery
- March 16, 2019: Manistee - Little River Casino Resort
- March 16, 2019: Twin Saults - The Elks Lodge
- March 17, 2019: Marquette County - The Up North Lodge
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.