GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Grand Rapids Public Schools (GRPS) has decided to host virtual graduation ceremonies amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
“High school graduation is an important milestone in our students’ lives,” said Interim Superintendent Ronald Gorman. “Although nothing will ever compare to in-person graduation ceremonies, virtual ceremonies will give us the opportunity to highlight your accomplishments until we can celebrate in-person with all of our families and friends in attendance.”
The schedule for the ceremonies is listed below:
- C.A. Frost Environment Science Middle High School: Wednesday, June 3 at 5:30 p.m.
- Innovation Central and Grand Rapids Montessori High Schools: Wednesday, June 3 at 7 p.m.
- City High Middle School: Thursday, June 4 at 5:30 p.m.
- Ottawa Hills High School: Thursday, June 4 at 7 p.m.
- Grand Rapids University Preparatory Academy: Friday, June 5 at 5:30 p.m.
- Union High School: Friday, June 5 at 7 p.m.
GRPS plans to celebrate the class of 2020 in person at a later date.
More from 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.