x
Breaking News
More () »

Jeep-only car show to benefit people with disabilities

This year, Kenzie's BE Cafe will get 75% of the proceeds, which is currently being built in Grand Haven and will employ individuals with disabilities.
Credit: Keely Lovern

GRAND HAVEN, Mich — A fundraiser and raffle in Grand Haven is raising money for a great cause, and the winner could get a brand new car for just $100! JeepFest is a Jeep-only car show.

This is the event's second year, where they sell raffle tickets to win a blue 2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport two-door provided by the Grand Haven Rotary Club. Then, 75% of the proceeds from the raffle are given to an organization chosen by the club. The other 25% will go to the rotary's international water projects in Honduras.

This year, the rotary has chosen Kenzie's BE Café to get 75% of the proceeds, which is currently being built in Grand Haven and will employ individuals with disabilities.

RELATED: Special business bringing 'new life' to historic building in Grand Haven

"They actually reached out to us," said Erin Lyon with Kenzie's BE Café, "and it's just such a huge, huge blessing. We're so thankful and so grateful that they see the benefit of this project and what it's going to give back to the community."

Tickets are $100 each ($103 with a credit card fee), and only 750 tickets are available. They can be bought online or in person at Jumpin' Java on Washington Street. The event itself will be May 14 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in downtown Grand Haven. The winner of the jeep will be announced at 1 p.m. 

Registration fee includes a t-shirt, bag, sticker and other swag, and your entry to win prizes in one of the three registration categories. 

You can register your Jeep by clicking here. To purchase tickets, click here. Any questions can be answered by messaging the event's Facebook page here.

Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.

Have a news tip? Email news@13onyourside.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.