KENTWOOD, Mich. - The City of Kentwood’s Summer Concert Series returns with free concerts at 7 p.m. on select Thursday nights from June to August.
This year’s series features West Michigan favorites such as The Crane Wives, Brena and Melophobix. Food trucks will be at each concert offering savory and sweet snacks.
“Our summer concert series is a great way to celebrate summer in Kentwood with family and friends,” said Val Romeo, Kentwood Parks and Recreation director. “This year’s lineup again includes a great mix of genres. We welcome all to enjoy the variety of live outdoor music and local eats we’ll have on the lawn behind City Hall.”
The lineup for Kentwood’s Summer Concert Series is as follows:
- June 20 - That Beatles Thing: Hits from the Beatles
- June 27 - Blue Soul Express: Classic soul, R&B, funk and blues
- July 18 - Hannah Rose and the GravesTones: Funk, blues and rock n’ roll
- July 25 – The Crane Wives: Female-fronted, harmony-driven folk-rock
- Aug. 1 – Brena: Oldies, top 40 hits, classic rock, R&B and country
- Aug. 8 – Melophobix: Cage-free funk
All concerts will begin at 7 p.m. and conclude around 8:30 p.m. on the lawn behind Kentwood City Hall, located at 4900 Breton Ave. SE.
Concert-goers are encouraged to bring a blanket or chair. Guests may also bring their own beer or wine. For more information, visit www.kentwood.us/parks.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.