GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — June is Pride Month and a great opportunity for people to get out and support LGBTQ+ owned and operated businesses in their communities.
Below is a list of LGBTQ+ owned or operated businesses in the Greater Grand Rapids area. If you know of an LGBTQ+ owned or operated business that isn't on the list, let us know and we can add it to the list.
Barnes & Thornburg, LLP: Law Firm (Attorney)
- Barnes & Thornburg is a full-service business law firm, providing legal advice and services from a wide range of practice areas for businesses in many different industries.
- 171 Monroe Ave. NW, Suite 1000, Grand Rapids
Basalt Modern Tex-Mex (Restaurant)
- Founded in 2020, Basalt sold breakfast tacos, tortas and limeade at Fulton Street Farmers Market. Now they have a permanent home in Eastown and serve up Tex-Mex cuisine.
- 1450 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids
Budget Branders (Marketing)
- Budget Branders sells custom disposable branded custom paper cups, plastic cups, paper bags, paper bowls, coffee sleeves and more.
- 4085 Marvista Avenue, Hudsonville
Chelsea O'Day-Navis, MA, LPC, CCTP (Counseling)
- Chelsea O'Day-Navis is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional.
- 632 Fulton Street West, Grand Rapids
Co-Creation Counseling (Counseling)
- Liz Morgan is a Licensed Professional Counselor who specializes in helping clients manage stress, life transitions, anxiety, depression, and gender/sexuality.
Coy Salon (Salon)
- Originally known as Cheveux, Coy Salon is run by Artistic Director, Master Stylist and Colorist Cody. He has had the opportunity to work with industry leaders and be trained by the likes of Vidal Sassoon, Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Redken, Matrix and Joico.
- 1407 Robinson Rd. Lower Suite, Grand Rapids
Fox Natural's Modern Apothecary (Gift Shop)
- This modern apothecary sells skin and hair care products created by the owners, Lucas Klein and Patrick Stoffel.
- 619 Wealthy St SE Suite A, Grand Rapids
Kerrie Clark Counseling (Counseling)
- Kerrie Clark works for Pivotal Counseling and specializes in helping others process traumatic experiences so what happened to them becomes a source of strength, rather than an overwhelming weight.
- 5005 Plainfield Service Dr, Grand Rapids
Lilith's Lair (Salon)
- Lilith's Lair is a salon that strives to be known for its creative and inclusive environment. They want to help people express themselves and feel confident through their expertise and creative direction.
- 5 Division Ave S Suite 15, Grand Rapids
Lotus Brew Coffee/Dry Bar (Coffee Shop)
- Lotus Brew is a LGBTQ coffee and tea shop, mocktail and gay dry bar and banned book café. They focus on locally sourced, organic, and fair-trade products.
- 781 College Ave NE, Grand Rapids
Maggie's Bar (Bar)
- Maggie's is a bar and restaurant that has a laid back atmosphere with a large beer and cocktail selection and fresh meat from a local area butcher.
- 855 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids
MI Drag Brunch (Drag Show)
- MI Drag Brunch is a traveling drag show that stops at locations all over Michigan, including Grand Rapids, and offers a full drag show for brunches and other occasions.
Modulation Institute (Vocal Training)
- Modulation Institute is a safe space for Trans & Non-Binary individuals to receive 1:1 private vocal training from any location.
Outlook Barbershop & Salon (Salon)
- Outlook blends the world of barbers and salons into a unique experience. They also offer lots of natural products including plant-based styling, color and aftercare products.
- 1056 Bridge St NW, Grand Rapids
Outside Coffee (Coffee Shop)
- Outside Coffee serves their coffee from a truck and lets patrons enjoy the outdoors in their garden. The community-based coffee shop encourages people to get outside during every season of the year.
- 734 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids
Rebel (Home Decor)
- Rebel is an online gift shop based in West Michigan. They sell products from all over the world that are meant to inspire, challenge, cheer up, and change the conversation.
Red Label Abrasives (Manufacturing)
- Red Label Abrasives produces sanding belts, rolls, discs and more. They are a a family owned and operated business who has been in West Michigan for over 35 years.
- 7125 Whites Bridge Rd, Belding
- Rumors Nightclub is a bar and nightclub that has special events and dancing every night. The club is also known for its drag shows on Sunday nights.
- 69 South Division Ave., Grand Rapids
Ryan Townes, MA, LPC (Counseling)
- Ryan is a counselor for the Counseling Center of West Michigan. They primarily focus on the LGBTQ+ community, but also enjoy working with women's issues, ADHD, anxiety disorders, depression and substance use disorders.
Salus Wellness Spa (Spa)
- Salus has been serving the West Michigan community since 2003 by offering clinical massage therapy, skin care and a full wellness center for body, mind and spirit.
- 110 Chicago Drive, Jenison
Spirit Dreams (Gift Shop)
- Originally opened in 1994, Spirit Dreams sells gifts, gemstones, jewelry, natural aromatherapy and body products, candles, books, music, cards, incense and art.
- 1430 Lake Drive SE, Grand Rapids
Steel Cat Bar (Bar)
- Steel Cat Bar is known for "The Frost Rail," a special cooling technology that assures the beer is at exactly 32 degrees when coming out of the tap. The bar has specials all week and offers a 12 hour happy hour every day.
- 640 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids
The 12th House (Gift Shop)
- A self described "hippie, witchy, handmade local art, gift, gallery," The 12th House offers tarot readings, henna tattoos, Astrology readings (Tuesdays) and Reiki Healing.
- 8 Jefferson Ave SE, Grand Rapids
The Apartment Lounge (Bar)
- The Apartment Lounge has been in Grand Rapids for over four decades and is known for their support of the LGBTQ+ community. The bar has regular drink specials and holds theme nights and other events.
- 33 Sheldon Ave. NE, Grand Rapids
The Cakabakery (Dessert Bakery)
- The Cakabakery offers fresh desserts made from local ingredients at their locations in Grand Rapids and Holland. The bakery also makes custom orders at either location.
- 82 W. 8th St. Holland
- 919 Fulton St E, Grand Rapids
The Dunes Resort (Resort)
- The Dunes Resort is one of the largest LGBTQIA+ resorts in the country, located between Saugatuck and Douglas. Originally opened in 1981 as The Douglas Dunes, the resort has grown over the years to become a premier destination.
- 333 Blue Start Hwy, Douglas
The Plant Parlor (Plant shop)
- The Plant Parlor opened in 2018 and has been offering all sorts of house plants and tropical plants to Grand Rapids ever since.
- 1059 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids.
Trillium Ballet (dance studio)
- LGBTQ+ friendly dance studio that offers adult-focused classes
- 2335 Burton St SE, Suite 260, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Tobin Counseling (Counseling)
- Tobin Counseling is a diverse team of trauma-informed and LGBTQIA+ competent therapists serving individuals (ages 7+), families, and relationships in the state of Michigan.
- 632 Fulton St. W, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Windsor Cottage (Furniture)
- Windsor Cottage has been in business for over 30 years, offering home furnishing and interior designs.
- 923 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids
Witte Travel & Tours (Travel)
- Originally founded in 1975, Witte Travel & Tours is based out of Grand Rapids and provides experts to help you plan your next trip to destinations all over the world.
- 3250 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids
Woosah (Art & Apparel)
- Woosah Outfitters is an art and apparel brand that features the artwork of owner, Erica Lang. The designs are handcrafted in Grand Rapids and are all limited edition runs.
- 738 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids
If you know of an LGBTQ+ owned or operated business that isn't on the list, let us know and we can add it to the list.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.
Have a news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Facebook page or Twitter. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.