KENT COUNTY, Mich — Heavy rainfall and flooding has caused the Kent County Road Commission to close a number of roads in the county.
The road commission said the list would continue to be updated as conditions change and roads begin to reopen.
If your road is temporarily closed, the road commission said that means it is not safe to pass and to please heed the warning signs.
"If you cannot see the surface of the road, only water over it, turn around and take an alternate route," the road commission said in a press release.
Here's a list of all the roads in Kent County temporarily closed due to flooding:
- Konkle Drive at Jupiter Ave
- River Point Dr at Indian Dr
- Canright at Briggs Blvd.
- Bailey Park at Purchase
- 4 Mile Rd at Briggs
- 68th St between Pratt Lake and Wingeier
- Pratt Lake between 64th St and 68th St
- Conservation between Fero and McCabe
- Jackson St between M-21 and Grand River Dr
- Grand River Dr between Oberly to Montcalm
- Ashley between M-44 and 7 Mile Rd
- Summit between 12 Mile Rd and 13 Mile Rd
- Ritchie between 19 Mile Rd and Egner
- Olin Lakes between M-46 and Solon
- Veterans Memorial Drive SW East of Butterworth (City of Walker)
- Riverbend Drive SW east of Butterworth St SW (City of Walker)
MORE on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Homes flood, repair costs rise as high waters continue battering Ottawa County
- Muskegon County declares local state of emergency due to flooding
- Culverts get attention along rain-swollen waterways in Kent County
- Over 3" of rain causes flooding concerns for West Michigan
- Ottawa County declares State of Emergency to deal with flooding
- Neighbors help protect elderly couple's home from Grand River flooding
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.