MUSKEGON, Mich. — The Muskegon Department of Public Safety was called to the 600 block of W. Muskegon Avenue Thursday morning for a report of animal cruelty.
Police said a man posted a video to social media of a constrictor snake consuming a cat. Officers arrived on scene to meet with the snake’s owner. The owner told police that he had been out of town and returned home to learn that his snake ate his cat.
A 21-year-old man admitted to seeing the video online and shared it on social media. The snake has been removed from the home and officials are being assisted by Pound Buddies in re-homing other animals of the owners.
Police said there was no further evidence of animal abuse. If anyone has any information on this incident please call the Muskegon Police Department as 231-724-6750 or Silent Observer at 231-722-7463.
More from 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Man charged with shooting woman in the face in Holland Township
- Conference room converted into courtroom as jury trials return to Kent County
- Coopersville teachers prepare to head back to the classroom
- Judge orders Trump administration to start accepting DACA applications
- How businesses can enforce masks and comply with Michigan disability laws
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.