BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — Two General Motors employees apparently had a need for speed. Two men were driving new 2020 Corvette Stingrays when Kentucky State Police say they were clocked going more than 100 mph.
Authorities say the duo were caught racing Wednesday night in Bowling Green on a road with a speed limit of 45 mph.
An arrest citation says the drivers admitted they had been at a pool hall.
Police say a breath test detected the odor of alcohol. The drivers weren't cited for driving under the influence.
The driver of a third Corvette didn't participate in the race.
MORE on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Police ID victim in fatal weekend stabbing, suspect arrested
- Man convicted for trapping, killing two people by fire in box truck to be sentenced
- Kalamazoo teen arrested after trying to rob a home with a fake gun
- Georgia Supreme Court upholds life-without-parole sentence for Dakota White
- Golfers beat baby opossum blind, wildlife rescue says
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.