It was no ordinary traffic stop for deputies in Hardee County.
Deputies said when they pulled Anthony Richardson over they found drugs on him and an alligator in the front seat.
Richardson told law enforcement before they searched his vehicle he had a baby alligator in the front seat that a friend had given him, and he was planning on releasing into the river.
Deputies said they found the baby gator with its mouth taped shut in the front seat. Deputies called the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and after they talked to a wildlife officer, they untaped the gator’s mouth and set it free.
Richardson was booked into the Hardee County Jail for multiple drug charges and illegally possessing or capturing an alligator.
What other people are reading right now:
- Sarasota high school graduate dies after falling from roof in Nashville
- Disney Channel actor Cameron Boyce dies at 20
- St. Petersburg police identify teen whose body was found surrounded by alligators
- US wins 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup
- Watermelon festival, powerboat races, Etsy craft party: 10 things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.