DETROIT — (AP) — The Detroit Tigers have hired former Los Angeles Angels bench coach Josh Paul as a quality control coach.
The Tigers announced over 20 hires, promotions and staff changes Tuesday. Among the most significant are that Lance Parrish will serve as a special assistant to general manager Al Avila, and Kenny Graham has been hired as director of player development. Graham was minor league hitting coordinator for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Dave Owen, previously the director of player development, will now be the Tigers' minor league field coordinator.
Brayan Peña will be the manager at Class A West Michigan after managing Class A Connecticut last season.
More Sports News on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Strong second half lifts Michigan past Creighton 79-69
- Michigan State coach Dantonio not thinking about his future
- Brayan Pena announced as Whitecaps new manager
- Former Spartan, NFL receiver Charles Rogers dies at age 38
- Hockey commentator Don Cherry fired for rant over immigrants
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.