GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Van Andel Arena downtown Grand Rapids will be prepped later today for the start of the Griffins' regular season.
On Monday morning, the arena will be spruced up with the latest giant decal for the 2019-2020 season. It's typically installed by Fast Signs around 6 a.m. In previous years, it's taken the decal crew about 2 hours to finish.
This season will mark the franchise's 24th campaign overall, 19th as a member of the AHL and 18th as the primary affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings.
The Griffins' first home game is set for Friday, Oct. 11 against the Milwaukee Admirals. Grab tickets to that game right here.
Other sports headlines on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- 4-year-old sells lemonade to get Florida State to buy out coach's contract
- Stafford overcomes mistakes to help Lions top Chargers 13-10
- Arizona State edges No. 18 Michigan State Spartans 10-7 in wild last minute
- Michigan season for hunting small game species opens Sunday
- OJ Simpson plays for Kelloggsville
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.