UPDATE: Police have identified the motorcyclist as 26-year-old Hunter Boss of Grand Rapids.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - A 26-year-old Grand Rapids man is dead after a motorcycle crash early Wednesday morning.
According to the Walker Police Department, it happened around 5:45 a.m. on Turner Avenue, between Ann Street and southbound US-131.
Police say the motorcyclist was going north on Turner Avenue when a 76-year-old Walker woman on Turner attempted to turn left to get on the highway. Police say her car was struck by the motorcyclist.
The motorcyclist was taken to Butterworth Hospital with critical injuries. He succumbed to those injuries later in the morning.
Police say they will continue to investigate the crash but currently, neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors.
More stories on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Facebook rolls out tool to block off-Facebook data gathering
- Muskegon Area District Library to eliminate fines for children
- US Olympics chief to athletes: No anthem protests allowed
- 10 Democrats have now qualified for the September debate
- Trump postpones meeting with Denmark's PM after she said Greenland isn't for sale
- Pool reopening to teach students to swim at Muskegon Heights Academy
- John Ball Zoo reopens after gas leak
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.