MUSKEGON COUNTY, Mich. — Authorities in Muskegon County are investigating a deadly crash and say alcohol may a factor.
According to a press release from the Michigan State Police Rockford Post, troopers were called to a vehicle fire on East McMillian Road near Dalson Road in Cedar Creek Township around 1 a.m. on Friday, March 13.
When troopers arrived on scene with Muskegon County Sheriff’s deputies, the Muskegon Township Fire Department and ProMed, crews discovered a 2007 Chevy Cobalt had driven off East McMillian Road and crashed into a tree.
MSP said two occupants of the vehicle were out when responders arrived. A male passenger was declared deceased at the scene of the crash.
The driver of the vehicle and another person were taken to Hackley Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
MSP said investigators do believe alcohol is factor in the crash, but the incident is still under investigation.
Other stories people are reading on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- 10 new cases of coronavirus in Michigan, including 4 in West Michigan
- Whitmer orders all Michigan K-12 schools to close for 3 weeks
- Why we're closing schools, avoiding events, and suspending the NBA season to stop the coronavirus
- 2,000 Amway employees asked to work from home amid coronavirus concerns
- Mercy Health restricting visitors in response to COVID-19
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.